Monday, June 09, 2008

So basically after all my season finales run, I usually enter a very long mourning period because me and my tv cannot have the intimate relationship we keep up throughout the year. But on a whim a few days ago Jenn and I grabbed an extra dvd at Hollywood Video (side note: We were actually there to rent Knocked Up because we realized we were the last people on Earth who hasn't seen it and I wanted to be able to chime in with references or at least understand what everyone was talking about.) and I haven't been the same since.

Since that day I have been OBSESSED with Big Love. I love it. In a totally this is heart-warming, terrifying, so-not-right but isn't it sooo interesting kind of way. Polygamy is intriguing. And the more I watch and live my life the more I realize I might have to become a polygamist just so someone can take care of all the crap I don't want to do. So here's my list of things I'd want a second or third wife for. Applications can be submitted.

1. Doing the laundry. I hate laundry. I hate sorting. I hate folding. I hate putting it away. I hate laundry.
2. Waking up early to take care of my children's needs. I actually pray that my kids will hate mornings as much as I do. Otherwise they'll go hungry until 11 when I roll out of bed in my normal cranky, I need coffee and an hour of no human contact before I am functioning.
3. Making my coffee. So I can have it as soon as I get out of bed. This is actually not selfish at all and for the betterment of society. The quicker caffeine is in my system that quicker I stop cursing the world.
4. Cooking. So my husband and kids won't have to live off of Hamburger Helper and Mac and Cheese.
5. Doing anything that in my 23 years I should already know how to do but just can't seem too figure out. Like making tuna melts or finding the lug nuts on my truck.

I know Jenn pretty much does all this for me now. But in the case that I cannot convince her to be a polygamist I need my options. It might be easier to just make sure I make enough money to hire a maid though. Or enough to pay Jenn for her services :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

you crack me up Toni!!! I love you
-Jocelyn and Tyler